For the Public
Every last Saturday of the month, from 9.30am – 11.00am, we will be having a FREE "LaCaLa Discovery Walk", focusing on the multicultural heart of George Town, UNESCO World Heritage Site. This guided walk will take us through Acheen Street, Armenian Street and Cannon Street to discover the extraordinary historic fabric of a richly unique social heritage. For over two centuries, this area has been Penang's 'melting pot', forging close trading relations, cooperation and inter-dependence between diverse groups in the trading port of George Town. At the end of the walk, a newly produced Acheen Street and Armenian Street reading material will be given free to all participants.
Conditions & Regulations:
- Registration for the Heritage Discovery Walk is based on first come first served basis.
- Pre-registration is required. Any last minute walk-in participants will not be entertained.
- The discovery walk will start at 9.30am sharp. Late comers will not be allowed to follow the trail.
- A minimum of 10 participants to a maximum of 20 participants is required for each trail to be conducted.
- The Heritage Discovery Walk will be conducted in English only.
- GTWHI has the right to cancel the walk at any time.
For registration and enquiries, please contact Lim Chung Wei at or 04-261 6606.