This introductory workshop will cover the basics of what you need to know on restoration, repair and taking care of heritage buildings, particularly those in the George Town World Heritage Site. It is a recommended workshop to all building owners in George Town, construction professionals, architects and individuals alike with interest toward heritage and conservation.
*The presentation files may be confidential, legally privileged and/ or subject to copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, retransmission, or dissemination of the contents of these presentation or any parts thereof is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
30-May-2016 (Monday) Slides
1) Outstanding Universal Value and Conservation (Dr. Ang Ming Chee)
2) Principles of Building Conservation (Prof. Dr. A. Ghafar Ahmad)
3) Local Guidelines, Application Procedures and Enforcement for Conservation Works (Ms. Noorhanis Noordin)
4) Introduction to Documentation in Building Conservation (Prof. Dr. A. Ghafar Ahmad)
5) Guidelines for Heritage Building under National Heritage Act 645 (Sr. Dr. Robiah Abdul Rashid)
6) Dilapidation Survey Report (Mr. Tan Chin Ling)
31-May-2016 (Tuesday) Slides
1) Understanding the Penang Shophouses (Mr.Tan Yeow Wooi)
2) Understanding the Bill of Quantity in Conservation Works (Sr. Lim Yoke Mui)
3) Conservation of Heritage Building: Case Study I (Tn. Hj. Shaari bin Mat Saod)
4) Conservation of Heritage Building: Case Study II (Mr. Shahruddin Shabri)
5) Conservation of Archaeological and Cultural Heritage (Prof. Dr. Stephen Chia Ming Soon)
6) Closing of Workshop (Dr. Ang Ming Chee)