Thank you for your interest!
Registration is now closed
16 - 23 April 2018
Bayview Hotel, Penang
Individuals : RM1200 per pax
Penang State Agencies : RM800 per pax
Community-based organization: RM800 per pax
College or University Students: RM600 per pax
*Fee includes daily lunch and tea breaks, workshop materials, venue usage, and insurance.
**Seats are limited.
INTANGIBLE CULTURAL HERITAGE CAPACITY-BUILDING PROGRAM
About the program:
George Town World Heritage Incorporated (GTWHI) is organising an 8-day training program to equip locals with knowledge and skills related to ICH safeguarding in conjunction with the 10th anniversary of George Town as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, George Town World Heritage.
The program is developed under the framework of the UNESCO global capacity-building programme and will cover the following two themes:
- Workshop on understanding and implementing the 2003 UNESCO convention for the safeguarding of ICH
- Workshop on Community-based inventorying of ICH elements
The content of the workshops are based on the thematic training materials and guidance tools developed by the UNESCO, and is customized to suit local context. The workshops is structured to maximise interactivity and active learning with group sessions, practical exercises and field work, and will be delivered by two qualified program facilitators from the UNESCO.
Working Language: English
Who should attend:
- Civil servants and officers working in cultural sectors and policy making.
- The local communites and members community-based organisations who are interested to learn more about the Convention.
- Local researchers and NGOs involved in designing and conducting inventories of intangible cultural heritage elements.
- Graduate students and young professionals who aim to upgrade their knowledge and skills in intangible cultural heritage safeguarding.