Nur Hidayah binti Jaafar
Information Management Assistant
Fields of Expertise
- Records Management
- Library Management
- Primary and Secondary Sources
Nur Hidayah binti Jaafar is Information Management Assistant with George Town World Heritage Incorporated, where she designs and strategises the accumulation, management, analysis and dissemination of information to target audiences. Hidayah oversees the document management system and flow of information within the organisation, to ensure the easy filing and quick retrieval of information. She also manages the Resource Centre which hosts a varied collection of books, journals, magazines, videos, and audio recordings. Hidayah works on maintaining the records that relate to the George Town World Heritage Site and organising them in a systematic manner. Hidayah graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Information Science (Records Management) from Universiti Teknologi MARA in 2015.
I am a sentimental Site Manager because witnessing history unfold in its splendour sparks my emotions and fosters my love for George Town. Dealing with books and data unearths the glories of the World Heritage Site through words whereas my daily stroll along the five-foot ways provides a tangible experience of the historical city. The facilitation of researchers, heritage activists and visitors has also made me realise that we have grown by leaps and bounds, as we become an integral part of various research and studies.
- Information Management Assistant, George Town World Heritage Incorporated (2018 – Current).
- Bachelor of Information Science (Honours) (Records Management), Faculty of Information Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA (2015).
- Diploma in Information Management, Faculty of Information Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA (2009 – 2011).
- Training for Trainers on Intangible Cultural Heritage for Facilitators from the Asia Pacific Region, UNESCO Section for Intangible Cultural Heritage, 2018.
- Community-Based Intangible Cultural Heritage Inventorying in George Town 2019: Training of Trainers Workshop, 2019.
- Community-Based Intangible Cultural Heritage Inventorying in George Town 2019: Based Inventory Training Workshop for Local Facilitators, 2019.
- Emergency Response Team (ERT) Training, 2019.
- George Town Heritage Celebrations 2019.
- English in Action 3 Workshop 2019.
- Introduction Paper Conservation Workshop, 2019.
- Seventh Asia-Pacific Urban Forum (APUF-7), Penang, Malaysia, 2019.
- Conservation Heritage Workshop (Introduction and Intermediate), 2018.
- Intangible Cultural Heritage Capacity Building Programme, 2018.
- OKU Training Assistance Workshop, 2018.
- Customer Care Workshop, 2018.
- English in Action Workshop, 2018.
- AED Defibrillator Training, 2018.
- Disaster Risk Reduction Cultural Heritage Workshop, 2018.
- Paper Conservation Workshop, 2018.
- International Conference on Managing Urban Cultural Heritage, 2018.
- UNESCO Sub-Regional Inception Workshop Linking World Heritage Sites and Local Cultural Assets through Museum, Information Centres and Creative Industries, 2018.
- 2017, Conveyancing Clerk, Lakhbir Singh Chahl & Co., Penang, Malaysia.
- 2016, Account Assistant, Penang Club, Penang, Malaysia.
- 2015, Office Assistant, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Johor, Malaysia.
- 2015, Internship Trainee, Medical Records Department, Hospital Sungai Buloh, Selangor, Malaysia.
- 2013, Sales and Promotion Assistant, Jakel Trading, Johor, Malaysia.
- 2019 – current, George Town World Heritage Incorporated Inactive Records Filing Documentation, George Town, Malaysia.
- Member of National Archives of Malaysia.
- Member of National Library of Malaysia.
- 2019, Gotong-royong during House Restoration of No. 69, Lebuh Acheh, George Town.
- 2103, Kaizen: Half Town Explorance Programme, Information Management and Record Committee (IMaRC), UiTM Johor Branch.
- 2013, Program Sebarkan Ukhwah IMaRC, Information Management and Record Committee (IMaRC), UiTM Johor Branch.
- 2013, Program Apa Khabar Orang Kampung, Jawatankuasa Perwakilan Non-Resident, UiTM Johor Branch.
|Bahasa Melayu||Mother tongue. Fluent in reading, writing and speaking.|
|English||Excellent in reading, writing and speaking.|
|Bahasa Melayu||Fluent in speaking, excellent in writing and reading.|
- 2015, Dean’s List Award, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia.