Chan Suat Ai
Fields of Expertise
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Event Planning
Penang-born Chan Suat Ai currently works as Communications Officer with George Town World Heritage Incorporated. She has 14 years’ experience working as a journalist and subeditor with various local major Chinese newspapers. With her knowledge, experience in journalism and the media, and expertise in various fields, she took up her new duties with immense zeal, handling publicity, promoting, marketing, and branding strategies to enhance the organisation’s relationship with the local communities, government and international agencies for the better future of George Town UNESCO World Heritage Site.
I am an attentive Site Manager because I enjoy driving true and meaningful conversations that prompt for worthy collaborations with varied parties. My desire to help has taught me to listen and find the best solutions to problems. Meanwhile, my communication and journalism profile has endowed me with media-related knowledge and people skills that are crucial in media and stakeholder management. I have the privilege to work with a brilliant team of minds and collaborate with entities of different nature including private, governmental and international organisations.
- Communications Officer, George Town World Heritage Incorporated (2019 – Current).
- Kursus Asas Keselamatan Kebakaran Untuk “Pasukan Tindakan Kecemasan” (ERT), Jabatan Bomba Dan Penyelamat Malaysia, 2019.
- Experience Sharing Workshop on Disaster Risk Reduction Strategy Among Heritage Cities in Southeast Asia, Pacific and Africa, George Town World Heritage Incorporated and UNESCO, 2019.
- Timber Works and Conservation for Heritage Buildings Workshop 2019, George Town World Heritage Incorporated, 2019.
- Introduction to Paper Conservation Workshop, George Town World Heritage Incorporated, 2019.
- Lime Works and Conservation for Heritage Buildings Workshop, George Town World Heritage Incorporated, 2019.
- Curation and Gallery Management Workshop, George Town World Heritage Incorporated, 2019.
- 2017 – 2019, Journalist, The China Press Berhad.
- 2016, Project Enumerator, George Town World Heritage Incorporated.
- 2016, Northern Region Assistant Bureau Chief, Oriental Daily Penang Office.
- 2013 – 2015, Senior Reporter, Oriental Daily Penang Office.
- 2008 – 2013, Senior Reporter, Nanyang Siang Pau Sdn Bhd.
- 2005 – 2008, News Reporter, Kwong Wah Yit Poh Press Bhd.
- 2005, Subeditor, Guang Ming Daily.
- 2020 – Current, Cultural Heritage Book Giveaway to Educational Institutions Nationwide, Malaysia.
- 2020 – Current, Video on Enhancing Sustainable Tourism Education in the George Town UNESCO World Heritage Site, Penang, Malaysia.
- 2020 – Current, George Town World Heritage Incorporated Heritage Recognition and Awards, George Town, Malaysia.
- 2019, George Town Heritage Celebrations 2019 Appreciation Dinner.
|Mandarin||Good in reading, writing and speaking.|
|English||Good in reading, writing and speaking.|
|Bahasa Melayu||Good in reading, writing and speaking.|
|Hokkien||Fluent in speaking.|
|Cantonese||Fluent in speaking.|
|Teow Chew||Good in listening.|
- 2010, Datuk Chuah Kooi Yong Business Information Award – Excellence Award, 9th Tan Sri Lim Gait Tong Press Awards.